Information about personal data of the guests of the "Belfort" hotel in Piątnica Poduchowna.
Who is the administrator of personal data of hotel guests?
The administrator of personal data of hotel guests is "Belfort" Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Piątnica Poduchowna at Stawiskowska 32, 18-421 Piątnica Poduchowna, which is entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register by the District Court for Białystok, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number 0000168353.
What are the purposes of processing personal data of hotel guests?
The purpose for which the hotel processes personal data is the conclusion and implementation of the contract for the provision of hotel services.
Furthermore, the purpose of personal data processing by the hotel is:
1. the pursuit of any claims by the hotel in the case when any hotel damage caused by the hotel guest appears,
2. documenting the service performance for tax purposes,
3. ensuring the highest quality of services for hotel guests.
If the guest has consented to process his personal data for marketing purposes, the hotel processes personal data for this purpose, i.e. in order to send marketing information about offers of their services to the guest.
What is more, the hotel processes the personal data of guests collected by hotel monitoring to ensure the safety of hotel guests and other people staying in the hotel.
What is the legal basis for the processing of personal data?
The legal basis for the processing of guest personal data obtained by the Hotel is a contract of the provision of hotel services.
The legal basis for the processing of the guest personal data for marketing purposes is the guest's consent. The hotel informs that the consent can be withdrawn at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the validity of the processing that took place before the consent was withdrawn.
The legal basis for the processing of guest personal data through monitoring is ensuring the safety of the guest and other persons, as well as the legitimate purpose of the administrator.
The legal basis for processing the guest's personal data to ensure the highest quality of services for hotel guests is the legitimate purpose of the administrator.
To whom the personal data can be provided?
The hotel provides personal data to the following categories of entities:
1. Companies providing the IT support services and the IT software to the hotel,
2. Transport and taxi companies in the case when the guest is ordering a transport or a courier parcel,
3. Law firms providing legal advisory and representation services.
How long will the personal data be processed?
1. obtained in connection with the concluded contract for the provision of hotel services will be processed during the period of limitation of tax claims or civil-law claims of the hotel or guest, depending on which of these events will take place later,
2. obtained on the basis of consent for marketing purposes will be processed during the period of validity of consent for marketing purposes,
3. obtained in connection with the monitoring will be processed for 48 hours from the moment of registration, and then they will be permanently removed.
What are the rights of the hotel guest in relation to the processing of personal data?
Each guest has the right of access to personal data - rectification, deletion or limitation of processing. Furthermore, each guest has the right to object to the processing. Access to the data is possible at the hotel's headquarters. What is more, Hotel Belfort provides the e-mail address: email@example.com, with the help of which you can contact regarding to personal data.
Is it possible to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of personal data?
Yes, each guest has the right to lodge a complaint to the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw.
Will the hotel transfer personal data outside the EEA?
No, the hotel does not intend to transfer personal data outside the EEA.
Is the provision of personal data a contractual or statutory requirement?
Providing personal data including the name and address of residence is necessary to conclude a contract for hotel services. In the event of a failure to provide the personal data, the hotel will be not able to conclude a contract for hotel services.
Are automated decisions based on personal data, including profiling, made?
No. The hotel does not make automated decisions based on personal data, as well as it does not make profiling.